What Is The BNVD 1431 MK2 L3 WP 18UM?
The BNVD-1431-L3WP18UM is a binocular night vision device (BNVD) that consists of L3 WP 18UM Image Intensifier Tubes, American Mil-Spec Optics by Carson, and a housing made by the Argus Company, then optimized here in the USA.
The American Image Intensifiers are filmless 3rd Generation L3 White Phosphor 18UM tubes. They are the entry level tube for filmless performance and perform beyond what most consider Mil-spec.
The mil-spec Carson Optics are standard military use and Made in USA. They are the standard by which everyone judges systems.
What Are The 1431 MK2 System Specifications?
The Argus BNVD 1431 MK2 is a binocular night vision housing manufactured by the Argus Company that has been significantly improved from its predecessor, the MK1.
Some of the key features and specifications of the MK2 include:
- Improved seals to prevent water and dust ingress
- Improved screws that are more durable and less likely to strip
- Longer IPD stop screws to provide a wider range of adjustment
- Built-in IR illuminator for low-light and no-light conditions
- Redesigned pods that are more ergonomic and durable
- D Collar Ring for close focus stop, which makes building and maintaining the unit much easier
- Manual gain control that enables the user to adjust the brightness of the unit to their personal preference
- The Argus BNVD 1431 MK2 is powered by a single AA battery.
- Its durability, features, and low price make it a popular choice for many users.
What Are The L3 WP 18UM Image Intensifier Specs?
The following minimum specifications will be confirmed via the tube data sheet:
- SNR: 24.1 minimum
- FOM: 1540 minimum
- Center Resolution: 64 minimum
- White Phosphor
How Much Does The BNVD 1431 MK2 L3 WP 18UM Cost?
Each 1431 MK2 L3 WP 18 UM system ships with the goggle, helmet mount, lens covers, AA batteries, and soft case. The price per unit is $8,950.